IPedge Release1.7.1 brings built-in audio conferencing, call accounting and native Salesforce® integration
We’ve all been there, in run-on email threads where three or four people are trying to discuss an issue or come to consensus. Dozens of tweet-length emails fly back and forth until the email trail scrolls a yard off the screen. Might there be a better way?
Unless very dense technical or quantitative information is being shared or you need to transmit files or links, an audio conference can be a much more efficient and gratifying way of getting the task done. You can bring people together in a natural and conversational way without the burden and expense of traveling or without even getting up from your desk. Client meetings, sales presentations, project meetings and updates, regular team meetings, training classes and employee communications… all of these business activities are prime candidates for audio conferencing.
But admit it, nobody likes conferencing-in two or three people using flash-hook presses and praying you don’t cut everyone off. “Mike, are you there?” “Darlene, are you still on?” Might there be a better way?
Now you can set up your own impromptu or pre-scheduled audio conferences from your own phone, without having to rely on external hardware or third-party conference calling systems and without paying monthly or per-minute charges. Release 1.7.1 of IPedge® software takes user productivity to the next level by delivering two new free, built-in applications:
- Toshiba’s Meet-Me Conference for quick, on-demand audio conferences
- Toshiba’s Call Accounting to generate call activity reports right from the system
These applications join the many applications that already reside on the Linux®-based IPedge server, including call processing, unified messaging, unified communications, mobility and centralized administration along with optional contact center software and reporting.
By providing all these applications on a single, compact server — no external hardware required — Toshiba’s IPedge makes efficient use of rack space and computing resources. With the all-in-one approach, there’s no need to cobble together a set of application-specific servers. Just use the free applications as you need them and turn up other capacity or functionality through simple software licenses.
Get more done with personal “meet-me” audio conferencing.
With this new built-in application, every user has a “meet-me” conference room for quick, on-demand audio conferencing. It’s easy to use. To set up a conference, simply dial into your IPedge messaging mailbox, assign PIN numbers and send the codes to all participants invited to the conference.
Four audio channel licenses are included free. You can activate additional channels by licensing, up to the capacity of your IPedge on-site server or cloud solution.
|Meet-Me Audio Conferencing Channels (max)||IPedge EP||IPedge EC||IPedge EM|
|IPedge Branded – On-site server||40||200||1000|
|IPedge Virtual – Cloud solution||20||100||200|
Track costs, performance and activity with built-in call accounting.
With IPedge software release 1.7.1, you also get Toshiba’s Call Accounting application as a built-in, standard feature. You don’t need to license anything or add external hardware or software to generate call activity reports. System administrators configure the application from Toshiba’s Enterprise Manager system management tool.
Free doesn’t mean cheap. The application has a rich set of features. For example, you can:
- Filter data to analyze and save the insights most valuable to you. Generate reports by call type, station number, specific trunk or line groups, Caller ID, account code, call duration, time or date and/or network ID, etc.
- Choose from a variety of report types, including summary and detailed reports, and automatically save the results.
- Customize call costing for specific area codes, international calls and toll-free calls, using rate tables created from Enterprise Manager or imported from a CSV file.
- Auto-notify the system administrator by email when an emergency call (i.e., 911) is placed, when receiving an inbound call from specified callers or when an outbound call is made to specific prefix codes, such as an international call to Afghanistan. Notifications are sent as soon as the number is dialed and when the call has ended.
Close more deals by working seamlessly with the leading CRM solution, Salesforce
IPedge release 1.7.1 also includes native integration with the CRM platform from Salesforce, a leading provider of on-demand CRM software-as-a-service. Improve lead conversion, sales revenues and customer satisfaction by managing your sales communications from within your Toshiba business phone system — from your desktop or from anywhere via your mobile devices.
Find out more. Contact your Authorized Toshiba Dealer. www.toshiba.telecom.com