SIP Trunking — Get It TogetherSIP Trunking integrates traditional voice services (ISDN) with Web-based data connection, eliminating the need to purchase separate services for voice and data. Toshiba’s IPedge and Strata® CIX™ SIP Trunking allows for increased capacity and efficiency on the same bandwidth.
How It Works
- The system communicates natively with a service provider over an IP circuit, carrying voice and data simultaneously.
- Voice is converted to data and sent along with the same circuit as the other data packets. Data gets entire bandwidth when no voice is present.
- Quality of Service (QoS) is managed by the service provider, with voice taking priority over data.
Since SIP Trunking works over IP networks, it potentially eliminates the cost for separate services such as T1, ISDN PRI or multiple analog lines. It also allows businesses to expand their IP reach to remote locations and mobile users. Other key product features and benefits include:
- Offers ISDN-like features over a data connection
- Eliminates “wasted bandwidth” of unused PRI channels
- Allows bandwidth to be used for data when no voice calls are active
- Can host other services, including IP Stations, SIP Stations, Toshiba’s IP networking, Voice Mail and ACD resources
SIP Trunking capabilities for Toshiba's family of IPedge and Strata CIX IP telephone systems are currently compatible with a variety of carriers. Visit our Partners Page to see the full list of Toshiba's SIP carrriers.