Toshiba’s New Strata Call Manager Brings Powerful Unified Communications Capabilities to Enterprise and SMB Users - Features Include Presence Viewer, Chat, PC Desktop Call Control, Customized Call Handling, Outbound Calling From Any Application, CRM Integration With Screen Pops, and More
IRVINE, Calif., January 20, 2010 — Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced Strata® Call Manager, Toshiba’s powerful new unified communications solution that is compatible with Toshiba’s Strata CIX™ family of IP business communication systems. Strata Call Manager is now available nationwide through Toshiba’s network of Authorized Dealers.
“Toshiba’s New Strata Call Manager gives enterprise and SMB users a highly effective unified communications solution that delivers the capabilities they want in a friendly graphical user interface,” said Shahin Hatamian, vice president of Product Management for Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division.
Flexible, Easy-to-Use Ribbon Graphical User Interface
Strata Call Manager’s Ribbon GUI is based on the Microsoft® Fluent™ User Interface, making it easy to use and manage. The Ribbon groups all the common features and functionalities together to make it fast and easy to find the feature or functionality needed. The Ribbon format features multiple tabs, each of which is broken down into groups. Each tab has a specific function, and all the buttons in that tab support that function.
GUI Flexibility and Button Customizability
All of the buttons in the Strata Call Manager are created equal and can be programmed as any other button. In addition, other buttons can be added for ACD functionality. Each button companion application can hold eight banks of 64 buttons per bank, giving users the ultimate in flexibility and customizability. Buttons can be programmed by the user for: feature codes, speed dialing, system/PBS commands, user-defined actions, ACD keys, DSS extension keys, Web keys, and running programs.
Fully Featured Call Control, Presence Viewer, Chat and More
Strata Call Manager’s features and capabilities include:
- Presence Viewer to display the status of other users
- Instant Messaging/Chat features
- Desktop call control from the PC — Strata Call Manager gives users complete desktop call control using their PCs rather than desk telephones
- Customized call handling, which gives users the ability to drag and drop incoming calls to either voicemail or another extension
- Outbound dialing from any application — Strata Call Manager is compatible with many popular contact programs, including Microsoft Outlook®, Act!®, and Tigerpaw®. Users can highlight any phone number from any application and perform a quick dial for click-to-dial outbound dialing from virtually any application
- CRM integration with screen pops — Strata Call Manager is compatible with many popular CRM programs, including Act!, Tigerpaw, and Salesforce.com®, giving users the ability to integrate their call management with their CRM applications of choice and enjoy screen pops and other integration benefits.
Companion Applications for Expanded User Benefits
Incorporated into Strata Call Manager are six companion applications that give users the ultimate in integrated call managing, including:
- Contacts, which provides directory features to look up and dial other extensions with a click of the mouse, access the Presence Viewer and more
- History, which automatically creates a log of calls dialed, received, and missed
- ACD Viewer, which enables users to view the status of all contact center groups to which they belong
- Chat (Instant Messaging), including support for whiteboard and canned messages
- Dialer, which enables users to schedule phone calls to be placed later by using Microsoft Outlook
- Web Browser, which provides access to Internet or Intranet locations or direct access to local HTML files
Strata Call Manager is compatible with the entire Strata CIX family of IP business telephone systems, including the Strata CIX40, CIX100, CIX200, CIX670 and CIX1200 systems (Version 5.0 software or higher). It is also compatible with Toshiba’s Net Phone® application and most popular CRM solutions, including Act!, TigerPaw, Salesforce.com, and Microsoft Outlook.
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. Toshiba Corporation is a world leader and innovator in high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products. These products span from information & communications systems; digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; as well as power systems including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 730 companies, with 199,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing US $67 billion (FY 2008).
For more information on Toshiba’s leading innovations, visit the company’s Web site at www.toshiba.com.
© 2010 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.