Toshiba’s VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Wins 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award
IRVINE, Calif., July 22, 2014—Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced that its VIPedge® cloud-based business telephone solution has won a 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award from TMC, a global, integrated media company.
Presented by TMC’s Cloud Computing magazine, the Cloud Computing Excellence Award recognizes companies that have most effectively leveraged cloud computing in their efforts to bring new, differentiated offerings to market. The winners of the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award will be published in Cloud Computing magazine.
“TMC is proud to announce Toshiba’s VIPedge as a recipient of the Fourth Annual Cloud Computing Excellence Award,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “Toshiba is honored for its achievement in bringing innovation and excellence to the market while leveraging the latest technology trends.”
“We are honored to receive the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award for our VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution,” said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. “VIPedge gives users the features, functionality, quality, service and reliability for which Toshiba’s telephone systems are known, all in the cloud.”
Toshiba’s VIPedgegives users the advantages of Toshiba’s IPedge® business telephone system in the cloud without needing to purchase an entire telephone system. VIPedge allows companies to pay a monthly service fee — scalable to meet system size and usage needs — as an alternative to the capital purchase of an on-premises telephone system. Competitively priced, VIPedge accommodates up to 500 users in single or multi-site deployments.
VIPedge Delivers an Easy Migration to Toshiba’s IPedge
Businesses that start with the VIPedge service can easily migrate to IPedge systems in the future as their needs change. This enables businesses to retain their investments in Toshiba telephones and endpoints and to continue to use the same familiar features and applications.
Easy Expansion to a Hybrid Cloud Solution
VIPedge locations can network with Toshiba’s on-premises solutions, IPedge and Strata® CIX™, for a hybrid cloud and on-premises networked solution.
VIPedge features include:
- Complete business telephone features, including placing a call on hold and picking it up from another phone as well as pressing a button on a phone to put the system into night mode. Many competitive cloud telephone solutions do not have the enterprise-quality telephony features that Toshiba offers.
- Voice mail with unified messaging
- Unified Communications with Toshiba’s Call Manager UC solution
- Call Manager Desktop for Windows® has enhanced XMPP server integration and instant messaging so that it can communicate directly with Toshiba’s Call Manager Mobile. Users will receive messages on both the Desktop and Mobile versions simultaneously, no matter where they are.
- Call Manager features include:
- Efficient call control from a personal computer;
- Click-to-dial, presence and instant messaging;
- Integration with leading CRM programs, including Salesforce.com®, Act!®, Microsoft Outlook®;
- Single and group Instant Messaging for quick online communication;
- Enhanced Presence features that help users quickly find each other; and more.
- Mobility solutions including:
- Call Manager Mobile, which integrates Toshiba’s IPMobility solution, providing single-number reach for both incoming and outgoing calls. This feature utilizes Toshiba’s VIPedge follow-me feature, which gives users the option for either sequential or simultaneous ringing to the desk phone and mobile phone. For outgoing calls, IPMobility dials through the VIPedge, displaying the office number caller ID. Call Manager Mobile is available for Android™ and Apple® iPhone® running iOS® R5 or R6. With Call Manager Mobile, users are empowered to take their office calls and instant messages on their mobile phones just as if they were at their desks.
- Find-Me Follow-Me call routing, which forwards incoming calls to the office extension to any telephone number designated by the user, including mobile phones. If no answer, the call is routed back to business voice mailbox.
- Twinning, which enables simultaneous ringing on more than one telephone, such as a desk phone and a mobile phone or home phone.
- Choice of endpoints, including Toshiba’s IP5000-series desk telephones, IP4100 wireless telephones, and Toshiba’s Call Manager with integrated voice. Plus, users have the ability to personalize endpoints to meet their individual needs.
- Optional international calling plans.
Financial benefits of VIPedge include:
- A low, upfront cost, making it easy to get started while giving companies the ability to reduce capital expenditures;
- Monthly service costs that are a fraction of the purchase price of an on-premises system;
- Fixed monthly fees so companies can budget for their exact telecommunication costs;
- No long-term lock-in to an on-premises system and/or vendor;
- Software upgrades that are included in the monthly service fee, so there are no expenses for upgrades or software fixes;
- No PBX equipment obsolescence since VIPedge systems are always kept up-to-date in the cloud;
- Dynamically scalable cloud resources to add more users or applications as needed;
- System administration, which is included in the monthly service fee and eliminates the need for on-site system management; and
- Survivability, which is automatically included via the cloud.
Toshiba’s VIPedge Exceeds BookPal’s Communications Objectives
VIPedge received the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award in part due to its success story with BookPal LLC (www.Book-Pal.com), an Irvine, Calif-based enterprise book seller. BookPal serves the book needs of schools, businesses and government entities with a catalog of more than three million titles.
Installed by Authorized Toshiba Dealer smplsolutions (www.smplsolutions.com) of Lake Forest, Calif., the VIPedge system worked perfectly from day one. The installation was smooth and easy because the actual telephone system resides in the cloud and is managed and maintained by Toshiba.
BookPal relies on its Toshiba’s VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution to help communicate with customers. VIPedge exceeds BookPal’s communications objectives, which include enabling them to self-administrate the system, providing a reliable telephone solution, adding mobility, and reducing costs.
“With Toshiba’s VIPedgecloud-based business telephone solution, BookPal receives the benefits of a feature-rich on-premises telephone system with the low cost of a cloud solution from a trusted manufacturer with a reputation for exceptional system reliability and dealer service,” said David Case, president of smplsolutions.
BookPal’s new business telephone solution consists of:
- A VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supporting the company’s Irvine headquarters;
- Toshiba’s IP desk telephones;
- Toshiba’s Call Manager unified communications;
- IPMobility for mobile integration with the VIPedge telephone solution;
- Find-Me Follow-Me mobile call routing to forward office calls to any other phone number;
- Unified Messaging, delivering a single inbox for email and voice messages; and
- Enterprise Manager for browser-based remote administration.
Bottom-line benefits include:
- Saving $3,000 per year by reducing maintenance costs;
- Processing more than 2,000 calls per month;
- Enabling BookPal’s operations team to remotely make adds, changes and updates from virtually anywhere they have Internet coverage, reducing the need for costly on-site maintenance using Toshiba’s browser-based Enterprise Manager;
- Improving communication with Call Manager Unified Communications and Unified Messaging applications;
- Providing a remote access solution for the Toshiba IP desk telephones, allowing employees to work from home;
- Enabling mobility with Toshiba’s IPMobility application so users can make and receive office calls on their mobile phones;
- Ensuring important calls get through to the right person using Toshiba’s Find-Me Follow-Me mobility feature that forwards office calls to any telephone number; and
- Delivering an affordable, feature-rich cloud telephony solution with exceptional reliability.
“Toshiba’s VIPedge cloud-based business telephone system has exceeded our expectations by providing a reliable, feature-rich communication solution that helped us save more than $3,000 annually,” said Ketara Gadahn, director of Sales & Account Management for BookPal
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. Telecommunication Systems Division
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the four business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba’s VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba’s PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba’s Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation.Â For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, “Committed to People, Committed to the Future”, Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing “Growth Through Creativity and Innovation”, and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today’s Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.