Purvis Industries LTD Standardizes on Toshiba’s Strata CIX Business Telephone Systems With Toshiba’s National Accounts Program
IRVINE, Calif., April 18, 2012—Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba) — www.telecom.toshiba.com, has helped Purvis Industries LTD connect its employees, customers and others across 54 locations nationwide with Toshiba’s Strata® CIX™ IP business telephone system. Founded in 1945, Purvis Industries LTD is a leading national distributor of industrial products for a variety of industries, including automotive, oil/petroleum, manufacturing, materials handling, mechanical power systems, energy and more. Its mission is to deliver exceptional service, expertise and application of top-tier products and services to its customers. Based in Dallas, Purvis Industries has 54 locations nationwide.
Robert Purvis, president, and Lynsi Hohmann, executive assistant at Purvis Industries, identified the need for a business telephone system that would:
- Provide the benefits of Toshiba’s National Accounts Program with consistent pricing for purchase, installation, service and support across all 54 locations;
- Allow Purvis Industries to standardize on one platform;
- Utilize one large business telephone system at headquarters and IP telephones at all locations;
- Eliminate the need for additional telephone systems at branch offices;
- Make it easy to add new branch offices to the telephone system simply by adding IP telephones rather than adding a telephone system;
- Eliminate internal long distance calls by enabling direct-extension dialing between locations;
- Facilitate remote centralized management for adds, moves and changes; and
- Provide a return on investment in just 24 months.
Purvis Industries turned to Radcom Technologies Inc. of Dallas. Radcom has been an Authorized Toshiba Dealer for more than 25 years.
Stephen Schnorbus, account manager at Radcom, recommended Toshiba’s Strata CIX IP business telephone system to meet Purvis Industries’ needs.
Installed by Radcom, Purvis Industries’ Toshiba business telephone system consists of:
- A Strata CIX1200, which is located at the Dallas AT&T Data Center and serves all the company locations, including its headquarters and 53 branch locations;
- More than 450 Toshiba IP telephones at the company’s headquarters and 53 branches nationwide;
- SIP trunking connections for all locations;
- AT&T Flexible Reach SIP Trunking to connect the Strata CIX1200 to the data center in Dallas, with the 53 branches connected over AT&T’s MPLS Network; and
- Network eManager® for centralized remote management of all systems.
Result #1: One-Stop Shop
Toshiba’s National Accounts Program met Purvis Industries’ requirement for a “one-stop shop” by providing consistent pricing for purchase, installation, products and service with a single point of contact.
Result #2: Local Numbers for Customers
Purvis gained improved customer service by using SIP trunking connections to enable virtual telephone numbers to be set up to appear as if they are local numbers for all the branches. This allows customers to use local numbers when calling their local branch offices.
Result #3: Remote Administration for More Control
Using Toshiba’s Network eManager remote administration tool, Hohmann can now remotely manage the entire telephone system from her desk. She can easily make adds, moves and changes remotely for all 54 locations.
Bottom Line: Purvis Industries Saves Time, Money and Gains Efficiencies With Toshiba Strata CIX
Toshiba’s Strata CIX1200 IP business telephone system has met Purvis Industries’ communications objectives, including:
- Delivered ongoing benefits from Toshiba’s National Accounts Program, including consistent pricing for purchase, installations, service and support for all locations;
- Seamlessly networked 54 locations over IP;
- Connected all company locations with IP telephones;
- Improved customer experience by providing local numbers for all branch offices;
- Utilized SIP trunking for affordable calling;
- Reduced costs for service calls by enabling remote centralized administration of the system;
- Reduced long distance costs by 80 percent;
- Eliminated the need for individual systems at all 54 locations, a significant cost savings;
- Eliminated the need for an outside conference call service, further reducing service costs; and
- Provided a return on investment of about two years.
“Toshiba’s National Accounts Program was a big factor in our decision making. Toshiba has a more consistent and contiguous national program than its competitors. In the past, when we opened a new office, we used to have to get regional bids for every single location. Now, we make one phone call, and it’s fast, easy, and done,” said Robert Purvis, president of Purvis Industries LTD.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation.
Toshiba is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion).
Visit Toshiba’s web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.